University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A. Economics & Psychology, Business Administration minor
, Boulder, CO, 2010 - 2014
Relevant Past Coursework: Corporate Finance, Applied Econometrics, Microcomputer Applications in Economics, Money & Banking Systems, Managerial & Financial Accounting, Introductory Finance, International Finance, International Trade, Operations and Information Management
Army and Navy Academy
, Carlsbad, CA, Class of 2010 - Graduated with honors
Passed CFA Level 1, December 2015
I am seeking a role that concurrently leverages my passion for finance and inherent knack for all dimensions of the technology space. I have proven my ability to consistently excel under pressure in financial analysis and data analytics, as well as web development, content strategy, and information architecture coupled with an accelerated leadership track record. My academic background of a double major in economics and psychology augmented with a minor in business serves as the foundation for my integrated skill set of finance, technology and marketing.
Financial Statement Analysis and Data Analytics
- As an intern for Charles River Associates, I conducted preliminary economic analyses consistent with the methodologies promulgated under US Internal Revenue Code 1.482. Also, in my studies as a Business minor, I have completed several case study projects in which we used annual and quarterly filings to evaluate the financial health of a company, evaluate hypothetical M&A transactions, and developed financial models to project future earnings based on DCFs, common size and ratio analysis. I am actively developing these competencies as a CFA Candidate.
- I have a strong working knowledge in several statistics packages and programming languages, including Stata, Python, R, and Mathematica. As an Econometrics student, I used each of these programs in projects that apply practical analysis to generate actionable results in the context of academic research, valuation, and economic policy decisions, including mock stress tests similar to those orchestrated by the Fed.
- While attending the Army and Navy Academy, I held various positions that required assertion and development of leadership skills, including training incoming members of the corps and managing a team of cadet assistants on a daily basis. Most notably, I held the position of S-2 Information Officer in the Battalion Staff, during which I was responsible for developing and executing new forms of inter-company competition for over 300 cadets, as well as disseminating information to the corps and establishing, executing, and scoring monthly competitions for exceptional students.
Marketing, Web Development, and Graphic Design
- I have nearly 9 years of self-taught programming experience creating user-friendly websites in HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, PHP, MySQL, complemented by my extensive graphic design portfolio in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and After Effects. As a Drupal specialist at Elevated Third, I turn ideas and designs into scalable architecture and UX-centric responsive themes, using Behat, A/B, and other PaaS marketing automation solutions to measure and improve post-launch performance. As a freelance developer, I have worked directly with clients in a wide array of industries with substantially different goals, including driving sales in corporate e-commerce portals, and encouraging collaborators to contribute for open-source projects.
- As a Research Assistant for the Center for Research on Consumer Financial Decision Making, I performed data mining for several different research projects, ran regression analyses, and used my knowledge of R and Excel to evaluate the magnitude of customer reviews on purchasing decisions.
- As an intern for Life Technologies, a biotechnology corporation since acquired by Thermo Fisher Scientific, I collaborated with management in the Marketing and IT departments to develop social media objectives and measurement solutions from concept to completion. Based on these objectives, I developed an internal web tool using PHP and Oracle SQL to query social APIs and CRM records, followed by a pitch to executives for a cross-network solution to their social media inconsistencies that centralized their goals and promoted congruence across all of Life Technologies’ brands. In the process, I developed analytics strategies and forecasting models in Excel to record and report relevant KPIs that accurately attribute social media ROI.
Accolades & Volunteer Experience
CTMO, The Magnolia Project
San Diego, CA, 2013-Present; Serving families in stressful medical and life crises, including Ronald McDonald House.
Art Director, Wildfire Games
2007-2010; Coordinating the art department for the largest open-source real-time strategy game to date: 0 A.D.
President, National BETA Club, Army Navy Academy Chapter
Carlsbad, CA, 2009-2010; Organized and operated philanthropic events at veteran retirement homes, low-income housing neighborhoods and on-campus blood drives, in accordance with the National BETA Club's mission statement.
GEN William W. Crouch Distinguished Leadership Award
(3); awarded annually to cadets who exhibit the highest standard of dedication toward both their leadership responsibilities and coursework.
Military Order of World Wars' Award
(1); Awarded to one senior cadet for demonstrating exceptionally meritorious leadership consistently over 4 years.
Association of Military Colleges and Schools of the United States Award
(1); Awarded once annually for exemplifying all values and characteristics of the ideal cadet.
Available upon request.